Less Clutter More Life™
A Life’s Teaching
Less Clutter: More Life™ is not a “how to” book — it is a “why to” book. The words in it will be just as true 100 years from today as they are today. It is designed to encourage you to acknowledge your deepest feelings so you can accomplish your work and enjoy your life.
Focus on the path, not a destination.
Organizing Paper @Home
What to Toss and How to Find the Rest
Why can’t I ever find the papers I need?
Did I save that on the computer or is it in my file?
Sound familiar? Despite all our technology, paper is still the No. 1 challenge in households nationwide. It covers desks and the kitchen counter, gets stuffed into file drawers and now, saved in electronic form on the computer. Instead of solving our problems, computers and smartphones have created another realm of disorganization, with files and systems of their own to mix in with the paper.
From the home office to the kitchen counter, Barbara Hemphill offers a step-by-step solution to purging, sorting and taming that paper (AND electronic) tiger.
Her practical solutions will help you manage every piece of paper or e-mail that comes into your house. She’ll teach you how to make decisions about what to keep and where to keep and most importantly, how to find WHAT you need WHEN you need it!
In this book, you’ll get:
- An examination of all the papers, documents and files in your home, with a step-by-step look at how to find, sort, organize and categorize them all
- A special chapter with tips on how to go Almost Paperless™
- A retention guide to help you determine how long to keep important documents
- Solutions on how to stop that paper pile before it starts
- Special tips in each chapter to address electronic files, calendars, contact lists and more
- Ideas on organizing your time and calendar
- Suggestions for how to organize digital photos
- Strategies for dealing with a “To Read” pile that’s now in print and online
- And much more!
If you need to organize your paper and electronic information, this amazing book covers it all, from receipts to recipes. The easy-to-read language and examples make it a relief for the overwhelmed!
Lorrie Marrero, Creator of ClutterDiet.com
I have used Barbara’s system for managing paperwork for several years now and I can’t think of a more simple to use, but highly effective way to stay organized.
Joe Polish, President of Piranha Marketing Inc. and Founder of ILoveMarketing.com